CALL for papers/submission for U.S. & International High School Students
The Second #JUCAwards2023 Guidelines #JUCMRWA #JUCAwards | Submission language: English
Submission Deadline by January 30TH, 2023
For pdf version of the below Guidelines, please click on here | Flier
For your inquiry or submission and/or SPONSORSHIP Opportunities, please email to:
JUCAwards(at)lightmillennium.org or JUCAwards(at)LMGlobal.Org | Website: www.lmglobal.org | www.turkishlibrary.us
Power Point Presentation based on the Guideline
(Based on the Informative and Interactive Session on May 22, 2022)
For pdf version of the Guidelines, please click on here | Flier
Initially, the J.U.C. Media, Research, and Writing Awards Project was introduced in New York City on January 29, 2020. The very first awards of this project presented through a virtual award ceremony on June 4, 2021. (1)
Through the #JUCAwards2023 project, The Light Millennium, Charitable Global Human Advancement Organization, we have aimed to encourage writing by high-school students as well as by former students who had dropped out of school.
We aim to provide separate monetary awards under each of the three and two sub categories of consideration which are defined below.
We look forward to receiving your creative media project, research paper or your critical essay, each of which has to address one of the themes enumerated below. The submission deadline is January 30th, 2023. Thank you.
CONCEPT: “Hope Never Fades…”
As a mother, I fully believed in my son’s rich, untapped potential and intellect. I fully believed that he would eventually find a way to activate that potential and contribute to his and society’s wellbeing… He was a gifted student in “Aster” class since kindergarten. He gave so much importance to being intelligent at all times. Since he was 17, J.U.C. focused on these ‘self thought and designed’ IQ tests, which he shared with me from time to time with great excitement. Recently, I’ve located four of those, which are available online [ref. www.iqexams.net]. He even had made me take his IQ test!
And now, upon his sudden departure and this tremendous loss and pain, I’ve been questioning, WHY am I facing this fate? … WHY I am here but he is NOT anymore?
It is and will be a harsh reality to accept as long as I am alive, and it is very difficult to live with this realization…
Unfortunately, J.U.C. (‘Canım’) is no longer with us in person and that is the harsh reality and fact.
With this in mind, my whole attempt is to transform my love for him along with my deep sorrow and pain into a constructive path as if he is still with us, and as if he will see this project named after him to inspire many students/youth. Consequently, I feel as if he will turn to me with a beautiful smile, and will be saying this:
“Mom, did you really create this project in my name? Thanks Mom.”
This is all I expect to hear in my imagination, in my mind, as if he is/will be with us for many years to come, so that its positive outcome will also help me hold on to life and make me happy because it will make him happy…
It is now my hope to be able to carry out and touch on a few students’ lives in positive, constructive, and inspirational ways through The Light Millennium, Inc. – A Charitable Global Human Advancement Organization.
As the saying goes: While one hope dies, thousands may be reborn.
Excerpt from the initial 2020 Introduction (2) by Bircan Ünver on January 23-24, 2020 &
J.U.C. M-R-W-A Story (3) – Edited by: Figen Bingül (2020)
“Happiness is the universal force to be attained as the final objective of humanity.”
Section#1: DEFINITION OF THE AWARDS
• For each category of consideration, $300 will be awarded to the 1st place winner.
• 2nd place winner will be awarded $200.- and
• 3rd place winners? Winner? will be awarded $100.-; and
• Overall Excellence Award: $500 (the winner will be chosen from among the submissions for all categories)
A Plaque or certificate will be provided as well as recognition as a contributing author to a book, which will be the collection of all submissions in that given year to be printed within 2 years following the date of the Award Ceremony.
The 2023 J.U.C. Media, Research and Writing Awards (J.U.C. M-R-W-A) will be given in 3 main categories for submissions from the U.S., and international HIGH School Students including drop outs:
1. MEDIA ( in two sub-categories)
3. WRITINGS ( in two sub-categories)
Submission Deadline is January 30th, 2023 via email to: JUCAwards(at)LIGHTMILLENNIUM.ORG or JUCAwards(at)lmglobal.Org
Section#2: TIMELINE OF THE J.U.C. M-R-W-A PROJECT
- The first official general announcement was shared with the general public in New York City on Sunday March 27th, 2022.
- 2023 Concept, Definition, Timeline, and Guideline posted on April 24, 2022, and will be introduced on Sunday, May 22, 2022.
- A related News / Media Release or summary of the event will be issued and posted in www.lmglobal.org and www.turkishlibrary, and will be shared extensively in June 2022.
- A Virtual Informative Meeting is scheduled as announced by the 2023 J.U.C. Awards Concept, Definition, Timeline, and Guideline
for Sunday, May 22, 2022 at 12:00PM (EST)
3. Submission will be accepted via e-mail as an attachment and/or with a downloadable link for Media category by January 30th, 2023. All writings should be submitted in Word document (Times New Roman 12 font) and media projects in mp4 file form.
4. All submissions/and all submitted media/art projects can be made available to the public in mid March or April 2023 pursuant to the discussions within the Board and/or with collaborating potential partners.
5. Announce FINALISTS in mid of MAY 2023; and
Announce the WINNERS on JUNE 17th, 2023.
6. Awards ceremony is scheduled to be held in NYC (in person or hybrid) on Saturday, June 17th, 2023.
Section#3 TYPE OF THE AWARDS
All submissions from High School students including drop outs will be evaluated according to the following categories:
b) Digital Arts – selected Concept based seven-pieces submission may be required
a) Dedicated to the 100th Anniversary of Republic of Turkey
b) General Suggested Themes
Section#4 FURTHER DETAILS ON THE AWARDS
1. Themes will be announced bi-annually by posting on the web page of the organization and thus will be made publicly available (whether to post the received submissions before or after the Award Ceremony shall be determined each term by the related Committee).
2. The 2023 J.U.C. Awards will award from 16 up to 19 eligible students from High Schools (this number will be determined according to the overall number of submissions in each AWARD category) monetary prizes that add up to the amount of :
First Place $300.- x in 5 category (1500)
Second Place, $200.- x in 5 category (1000)
Third Place: $100.- x in 5 category (500)
Overall Excellence Award: $500.-
3. Each winner will receive a copy of the J.U.C.’s book along with the 2021 compiled submission book. Plaque or Certificate will be provided with the winner’s name.
4. Submitted eligible videos/multi-media projects, music and digital art will be combined for a short/mini-TV program which will be scheduled for being shown on local channels (the duration of each video shall be 3 to 7 minutes including title and credits; and digital art works shall be 7 pieces).
5. To feature the winners, video interviews will be conducted for local channels and online visibility purposes in written or through online video or in person IF possible.
6. The winning students’ ideas & submitted works will be publicly visible to inspire other students and youth, and will be shared with the UN DGC Weekly Announcements.
7. For the 2nd JUC M-R-W-A’s in 2023, the Organization aims to provide monetary awards including for first, second and third place winners, and an overall excellence award. The LMGlobal.Org will provide from 16 up to 19 monetary awards as it is indicated in the Section# 1 & 4.
All submitted works should be in English. Only for MEDIA projects, other languages will be accepted with English subtitles, which is a MUST.
Section#6: The J.U.C. BOOK PROJECT
The LMGlobal.Org aims to present two book projects along with the 2023 J.U.C. Awards on June 17, 2023.
1. A compilation of J.U.C.’s ideas, both published and unpublished, for a printed-book project which inspired the Awards project; all proceeds from the books will go to the Awards project. J.U.C.’s writings and art works will be compiled in a book, printed min. 250 copies up to 1000 copies, to be presented to all the participants/award recipients and co-sponsors of the Awards Ceremony.
2. A compilation of the 2021 J.U.C. submitted and received Awards.
Any proceeds from these books will go directly to the Awards and/or (If/when the Organization is able to provide it) Scholarship project, which will also set the ground and serve as a model for future years, making submitted works, awarded and selected ideas available to be compiled and printed in a book project as well. Its online version might be available following the next Awards.
As long as The Light Millennium, Inc. secures the required sponsorship/funding, the compilation of submitted works within an ongoing book project/publication on a bi-annual time-line to be presented during each Awards Ceremony will be one of the main expected outcomes/ongoing products of this awards project.
Section# 7 SUGGESTED THEMES for MEDIA (Video in mp4 format, duration 3 to 7 minutes) MULTIMEDIA PROJECTS
Please choose one of the following or combine any of the two:
- Does Internet connect or disconnect us?
Or, Are you Pro or Co on the effect of Smart Technologies, G5, and The Internet of things (IoT) on Human Health and Well-being. WHY?
- What are the harmful effects of social media and how to avoid them?
- How can Internet/www contribute towards UNITY & Global Culture of Peace?
- Which of the UN-Sustainable Development Goals is your favorite one? And how do you envision implementing it in your daily-life and/or surroundings?
- What are the most efficient, effective, and reliable channels and solutions toward achieving 100 percent clean-renewable energy in all aspects of life globally by 2045/#UN100?
And, what are the best existing implemented programs in the clean-renewable energy sector in your state, country, or region?
7. What is your opinion about the design, development, and implementation of a recycling program for all forms of commercial and consumer electronics in your town, city, and country at large? What are the pathways to forming effective partnerships with local municipalities in your city, state, or country at large in addressing the need for recycling programs?
8. Ideas toward universal access to Water and sustainability and/or Water as the Source of Life
Section#8 SUGGESTED THEMES for RESEARCH – Applicant may choose any of the following:
1. What are the most efficient, effective, and reliable channels and solutions to achieving 100 percent clean-renewable energy in all aspects/sectors of life globally by 2045/#UN100?
And, what are the best existing implemented programs in the clean-renewable energy sector in your state, country, or region?
2. What is your opinion about the design, development, and implementation of a recycling program for all forms of commercial and consumer electronics in your town, city, and country at large? What are the pathways to forming effective partnerships with local municipalities in your city, state, or country at large?
3. Is Artificial Intelligence an angel or demon?
4. Is the Human race on a path-ways toward becoming a bio-human/transhuman?
5. How do you map the future of AI in the Dynamics of Civilizations?
6. What are your visions and expectations for the next wave of scientific achievements? Examples: STEM Cell, Technology, Transportation, Cosmos considered (you may choose one of these).
7. Is life on another planet such as Mars possible?
8. What are the validity and effectiveness of the IQ Tests in one’s life?
9. What are the scientific opinions on how to interweave non-verbal intellect with social intellect?
10. Research based solutions toward universal access to Water and sustainability?
Section#9: SUGGESTED THEMES for WRITING
Writings might be in one of the following genres: Essay, Short Story, Play, Non-fiction, Science-fiction, Theme-related Interview(s).
1) Dedicated to the 100th Anniversary of the Republic of Turkey
The first sub-category under WRITING is purposefully and uniquely dedicated to 100th anniversary of the foundation of Turkish Republic.
2. Evaluate the importance of “Peace at home, Peace in the world” principle stated by Mustafa Kemal Atatürk in the context of recent developments in the 21st century.
3. How would you describe the transformation of the Turkish society in the 1920’s and 1930’s? Why was it not sustained in the following periods?
4. Evaluate historical repercussions of the Turkish Independence War against imperialist states in different parts of the world.
5. Can you compare the first 15 years of Republic of Turkey’s/Atatürk Era’s “National and Human Development” Agenda, Implementation and Accomplishments with the United Nations’ 2030 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)?
1) What is your dream-job and/or how do you perceive your purpose in life?
2) If you became the President of the World, what three things would you change first, and how would you design to make the world a better place that you imagine leaving to your children and grandchildren?
3) What is your favorite among “Sustainable Development Goals”? WHY?
And, how do you envision the World by 2045 at the 100 Anniversary of the United Nations?
4) How will the transition to clean energy change the balance of power in the world economy?
5) What are your visions and expectations on the next wave of the scientific achievements including when space/Cosmos is considered?
6) How can we learn from Ancient Civilizations about avoiding mistakes repeated over centuries and millennia through misuse of religion, race differences, and/or power-based discrimination?
7) Water as the Source of Life
Section#10: WORD LIMITATIONS for RESEARCH and WRITING CATEGORIES
Writings shall be limited to 1200 to 1300 words excluding endnotes, footnotes and references.
Section# 11 GUIDELINES
- The 2023 J.U.C. Media, Research, and Writing Awards project is primarily designed for High School Students on the international level.
(Dropout students are also welcome)
- Any submitter under 18 should provide a written permission [CONSENT FORM], either from their teacher and/or principle, or their family, or legal guardian.
- Each submitter should “agree on” and print the confirmation, sign it and email a scan of it, or may use SUBMIT NOW Form with the subject line: The 2023 J.U.C. Awards, and, the submitter and/or their Guardian MUST clearly indicate that the Organization’s Publishing Policy has been read and agreed on for their submission for the Awards Project.
Publishing Policy: https://www.lmglobal.org/organization/lm_publishing_policy-2/
- Submission or Application for this Award will be FREE of charge.
- Submitter and/or their School and/or Parents/legal Guardian should accept the Organization’s Publishing Policy that all the submitted pieces might be posted to the organization’s website (the existing one or a new one for this project) and CANNOT be REMOVED at any time in the future.
- The Organization may not be able to cover the travel costs of the Winner(s) from other states and/or countries. Regardless, if no fund or sponsorship is available, then participation in the Award Ceremony via available online Video (via Zoom) will be considered.
- All submitted WORKS MUST be ORIGINALLY written, produced and/or designed and submitted for this particular project. It must NOT be posted online and/or printed previously and the submitter MUST be the AUTHOR of it.
- The Organization DOES NOT PUBLISH ANY ADVERTISEMENT/ COMMERCIALS. However, it may seek collaborator / sponsors / funders / donors for this particular project through its #501c3 tax-exempt status. Only those names and/or organizations/private or public entities will be shared under the related sections of all related in print and/or online outreach materials.
- All submissions must be made via online along a brief bio (from 100-130 words) and photo of the Applicant along with Consent Form by January 30th, 2023 to
JUCAwards(at)lmglobal.Org /or JUCAwards(at)LMGLOBAL.ORG.
You’re welcome to submit your ideas via SUBMIT NOW form with the subject line “The 2023 J.U.C. Awards” along with your submission Category name by JANUARY 30, 2023
10. Please include in your submission your full-name, age, portrait/head shot, and a short biography (in 100-130 words), current school name/class, city/country, along with permission expressed on the CONCENT FORM (family, guardian, or school), in a written statement that includes a line accepting the Publishing Policy via Submit Now Form.
11. Media and Digital Arts categories: Submitters are required to provide a complimentary statement around 250-350 words on the submitted piece).
12. Digital Arts should may be submitted as in pdf or jpg, png or tiff format with 300 resolution, and horizontal format is suggested.
13. Submitters of age 18 and over are themselves responsible for their submissions and do not require school and/or family confirmation. Regardless, each submitter is required to sign and submit the Consent Form which should include a statement of agreement to the Publishing Policy of the Organization.
14. Submissions are requested in full, not as abstracts by January 30, 2023.
15. An Evaluation Committee will be formed following the deadline for submission.
Section# 12 AGE CATEGORY – WHO CAN SUBMIT for the 2023 J.U.C. Awards
All students from 9th grade through 12th grade in High-school are encouraged in New York States and the United States, and high school students from other countries as well.
High Schools (including drop outs) from 14-20 years old.
Submission language: ENGLISH
Section# 13 WHO CANNOT SUBMIT for the 2023 J.U.C. Awards
The ones announced and received awards at the 2021 J.U.C. Award Ceremony and anyone who might be under Section#14 category.
Section# 14 WHO CANNOT APPLY?
1. First, second and third degree relatives of Bircan Ünver, the mother of J.U.C. and the founder of The Light Millennium.
2. Children of first, second and third degree relatives of the Board Members, Advisory Board Members and UN Reps. of the Organization.
3. Members of the related Evaluation Committee (to be formed), their children and first, second and third degree relatives.
However, it is expected that the LMGlobal-Board, Advisory Board, UN Reps and Volunteers will support this project for its reach-out, contacting potential schools and/or students for collaboration and/or will be willing to serve on the 2023 Evaluation Committee.
- Submission MUST be made via email to JUCAwards@lmglobal.Org /or JUCAwards@LMGLOBAL.Org.
- Subject line of the email should indicate the following: a) Name of the Category; b) Initials of the Applicant’s first and last name; c) 2023 J.U.C. Awards.
For example, “Media, B.Ü., 2023 J.U.C. Awards” (or, Media/Video, or Media/Digital Art, B.Ü., 2023 J.U.C. Awards)
- Video or larger files can be sent out via wetransfer.com to JUCAwards(at)lmglobal.Org /or JUCAwards(at)LMGlobal.Org.
- Submission category along with the selected theme or title of the submission to be included in the body of the email .
- Under 18, along with the Applicant, his/her Parent/or Guardian must sign the Consent Form to be included in the Application Package.
- Applicant should indicate in the email or in the Consent Form the following:
“I’ve read and agreed with the LMGlobal.Org’s Publishing Policy”.
- All Applicant should include his/her narrative bio from 100-130 words along with portrait photo (jpg or png format) along with the submission.
- Bio should contained the following information: first and last name, school name, city/country, age, grade (drop outs should mentioned that at which grade he/she had dropped it out), email, parent or guardian email/contact information.
- Language: ENGLISH
Media Category/Video: Other language(s) is only accepted with English subtitles.
- Deadline by JANUARY 30, 2023
_ . _
For pdf version of the 2023 J.U.C. Awards Guidelines, please click on here
AN INFORMATIVE & INTERACTIVE Virtual Session on
The 2023 J.U.C. MEDIA, RESEARCH AND WRITING AWARDS
CONCEPT, DEFINITION, TIMELINE AND GUIDELINE
Presented on SUNDAY, MAY 22, 2022 at 12:00 – 1:30PM
Power Point | Flier
• PUBLISHING POLICY (please read it prior to your submission.)
Or, email to your submission package along with the Consent Form by January 30, 2023 to >
JUCAwards(at)lightmillennium.org | JUCAwards(at)LMGlobal.Org
• For your inquiry or submission and/or SPONSORSHIP Opportunities,
please email to: JUCAwards(at)lightmillennium.org | JUCAwards(at)LMGlobal.Org
• Project Author and Director: Bircan Ünver, LMGlobal.Org
The 2023 J.U.C. Awards Project Students’ Coordinator: Sude Çapoğlu, LMGlobal.Org
- THE WINNERS ARE… THE 2021 J.U.C. AWARDS PRESENTED… (2021)
2. The 2021 J.U.C. Awards Ceremony (virtual, June 4, 2021)
Booklet#2 with the Bios of the Recipients and Members of the Evaluation Committee
3. (Initial, Booklet#1, 2020) Introduction & Definition:
J.U.C. MEDIA, RESEARCH AND WRITING, and potential SCHOLARSHIP
IN LOVING MEMORY OF J.U.C. Booklet – Presented on January 29, 2020
• J.U.C. M-R-W-A Story (2020): The J.U.C. Media, Research & Writing Awards Story
– Posted on TurkishLibrary.Us on July 1, 2022. | www.lmglobal.org | www.turkishlibrary.us