Envisioned & Proposed Permanent Exhibitions:
Many suggestions have already been received from organizations and individuals, including one from the Ataturk Society in UK (ASUK) and a comment by Cenap Turkgucu, the Turkish-American son of legendary Sait Turkgucu who died on Jan. 26, 2011. A suggestion received from the ASUK is give in the Chronology Section below.
A room can be organized to exhibit Sait Abi’s saz, davul and photographs from his many performances at Turkish events in New York and other cities.He was the “Asik Veysel” of America. Other rooms can be organized for the memory of Ahmet Ertegun, the legendary music man, and many other famous Turkish-Americans.
There are endless opportunities for permanent as well as temporary exhibitions at the Museum. Following are a sample for consideration by both the sponsor corporation and organizing associations:
1. 100the Anniversary of the Canakkale Battles
2. Life of Mustafa Kemal Ataturk
Sponsors : Ataturk Society in America and Ataturk Society in UK
3. Turks in America and Turkish-Americans Sponsors, Assembly of Turkish American Associations
4. History of Turks and the Republic of Turkey Sponsors : Ministry of Culture and Tourism and FTAAA
5. The Ottoman Empire and Its Legacy
6. The Turkish World
7. Technological Developments and Innovations in Turkey Istanbul Ticaret Odası, IBM, Singer and MIM
8. Istanbul 2010 Culture Capital of Europe
9. From Edirne to Kars, On the Roads of Anatolia and Thrace and Beyond
10. Safranbolu, the Historical Town
11. Konya, Home of Mevlana Celalettin-i Rumi 11.
12. Bagdat and Mecca Railroads – Photography and Poster Exhibition and Orient Express
13. The Memory Book of Turkey, Nebil Ozgenturk
* * *
(2011) Envisioned Temporary Exhibition
A unique and useful exhibition is on display in Antakya, “ Birbirimizle Konusmak : Turkiye ve Ermeninistan’da Kisisel Bellek – Speaking to One Another: Personal memories of the Past in Armenian and Turkey”, Traveling Exhibition in Turkey and Armenia“ .
The owner of the ZET ART gallery would like to have the exhibition to travel to the States after it completes its display in Tunceli (Dersim), perhaps in April of this year. It is an oral video presentation on several TV screens on the thoughts of Armenians and Turks on the Turkish-Armenian relations.
Similar exhibitions on endless topics can be arranged through the cooperation with Turkish artists, museums, etc.